Hi everyone Girl Friday here. This is gonna be a short post. B broke up with me yesterday and I’m not very sociable right now. I made this chili the other day and it was delicious. I did add shredded cheddar and sour cream to it like it shows and it was yummy!
Girl Friday Steph
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked chicken breast (can be frozen) cut into 1-2″ chunks (I left the chicken breast whole to ‘mush’ up before eating)
- 2 – 15 o.z cans of white beans
- 1 – 15 oz. can of white corn (I used yellow since I couldn’t find white)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped (use more if you like garlic!)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 – 7 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 – 14 oz. can of chicken broth
-Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken breast on the bottom.
-Top your chicken with the beans, corn and onion.
-In a bowl, combine the garlic, taco seasoning, green chilies, soup and broth. I used a whisk to help break up the creamy soup.
-Once mixed together well, add the liquid to your crock pot and give everything a good mix while trying to leave the chicken at the bottom.
-Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
When I walked into our house after work, it smelled amazing! I knew we were in for a very yummy dinner.
Before serving the chili, use a potato masher to break up the cooked chicken. This will help to thicken up the chili. Serve into dishes and top with grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro and tortilla chips… or anything you feel like using as a topping.